Above Border, Inc. Calgary, Alberta, Canada • email@example.com
The global economic climate has increased sensitivity around the protection of domestic labour markets and forced governments to focus on additional revenue generation. The frequent business traveler presents an opportunity for governments to achieve objectives in both these areas. Advanced border technology and recent agreements to more openly share information between jurisdictions makes it much simpler for authorities to identify business travelers. Consequently, managing risk for the business traveler has become increasingly more important. Failure to do so can result in fines, increased corporate and individual employee tax, lost business opportunities, deportation of employees and damage to business reputation. Traditionally, the corporation has relied on the employee inputting travel information into time sheets or third party service providers calendar systems or filtering through travel itinerary data to gather key travel location information. These processes have proven time consuming, untimely and inaccurate.
Above Border is a mobile (smart phone) application that automatically records the number of days an employee spends in a specific geographic jurisdiction. On a periodic basis, the Above Border application checks in on the country, state, province, region and city location the employee is visiting to capture accurate travel data. The employee is unburdened from entering this information and the enterprise has timely, accurate information to integrate into mobility, tax, immigration, human resource policy procedures and rules based systems. Above Border is built on the SAP® mobile platform and integrates into SAP® solutions for reporting and integration into other SAP® applications.
The Above Border Mobile APP is integrated with a corporate administrative portal providing for the following features:
Set compliance alerts for specific countries.
- Alerts are triggered once country specific travel day thresholds are met.
Set safety alerts for specific countries
- Augment corporate safety risk management by setting alerts for employees entering countries that require a higher level of vigilance
- Global map view of employee location
|SAP Mobile Certified||Track days home or abroad||View instant reports||Fully customizable|
- Automatically records days spent in countries traveled
- Alerts for missing days and multi-country visitation
- Handset reporting available to the employee
- Integrates into other SAP® solutions for enterprise level reporting and integration into other SAP® or third party applications
Above Border is a mobile (smart phone) application that automatically records the number of days an employee spends in a specific geographic jurisdiction to simplify and enhance compliance reporting requirements. Above Border integrates into other SAP® products that may require additional SAP® licenses, please contact your SAP® representative for more details
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- Apple iOS version 4.0 and above
- Basis Release 702
- SAP ABA 702
- Spam Level 47
- Mobile Application size 2.1 MB
- SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4.0 and above
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP04-SP05
Published April 2012
Governance, Risk and Compliance, Mobile Solution, Sybase Unwired Platform Applications Industry, Cross Industry